Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Yale University, 9:30 am – 12 pm
- 9:30 am – 10 am: check-in
- 10 am – 11 am: Business Meeting
- 11 am – 12 pm: Tour of the Beinecke Library
Lunch on your own, 12 pm – 1:45 pm
- If this is your first time in New Haven, we will provide a list of recommendations
Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library, Yale University: 1:45 pm – 3 pm
- 1:45 pm – 2 pm: gather at the Haas Arts Library
- 2 pm – 3 pm: Tour of the Library
For the full agenda and additional details, please see this document.
To RSVP, please fill out this form.
Join us in Boston Friday, April 29th for the ARLIS/NA New England and VRA New England joint 2016 Spring Meeting.
We will be starting the day at the new Design and Media Center and the Massachusetts College of Art and Design with a light breakfast and business meetings. Later we will visit the Isabella Gardner Museum. Hope to see you all there!
Agenda and other information
Image: Munsell artifacts from the MassArt Munsell archives
The ARLIS/NA New England Chapter Board is excited to announce the agenda for our Fall Meeting, coming up soon on Friday, October 23 in Providence, RI. Please feel free to join us for some or all of the day’s events!
Please use this form and let us know whether you plan to attend.
You can also use the form to arrange carpooling or share any news or announcements that we will bring to the business meeting, in the event that you cannot attend.
Providence Public Library (PPL), 10 am – 12 pm
- 9:30 am – 10 am: check-in, 3rd Floor Meeting Room. Please use the entrance at 225 Washington Street. (per PPL policy the Board cannot provide coffee and breakfast; make sure you’re fed and caffeinated before you arrive!)
- 10 am – 10:45 am: ARLIS/NA NE business meeting, 3rd Floor Meeting Room
- 11:00 am -12:30 pm: presentation about PPL’s history and library tour
Lunch on your own in downtown Providence, 12 pm – 2 pm
- We will provide a list of options!
Rhode Island School of Art & Design (RISD) Library, 2 pm – 4:30 pm
- 2 pm – 2:45 pm: Tour of the RISD library, with brief staff talks
- 2:45 pm – 3:15 pm: Refreshments in the Picture Collection room, sign up for a focused discussion topic
- 3:15 pm – 4:30 pm: Focused discussions, or visit the RISD Museum. Discussion topics will include:
- Reference and instruction with Ellen Petraits and Alice Whiteside
- Library architecture and collection development with Carol Terry
- Archives, including artists’ books and special collections, with Andy Martinez with Claudia Covert
- Visual + Material Resource Center with Mark Pompelia
- Technical Services with Bob Garzillo and Marc Calhoun
Getting to Providence
Providence Public Libary Address: 150 Empire Street Providence, RI 02903
RISD Library Address: 15 Westminster St, Providence, RI 02903
Providence is accessible by the MBTA commuter rail, on the Providence/Stoughton line. The commuter rail stop is about a mile’s walk from the Providence Public Library, and about a half-mile’s walk from RISD. The PPL and RISD are about a half-mile apart from each another.
If you drive, check out the Park Downtown Providence page for information.
We are very excited to explore Providence, and we hope you’ll join us!
You are invited to attend the ARLIS/NA New England Informal Summer Gathering!
Friday, August 14th at 5pm
Meet at the NEW! Lesley University John and Carol Moriarty Library, formerly the Art Institute of Boston Library
1801 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140
This spring semester marked the opening of Lesley University’s Lunder Arts Center and historically restored Cambridge North Prospect church. Now home to Lesley’s Art and Design Library, Carrie, Raye, and Kate have invited the Chapter for an informal gathering to see their new library. Afterward we’ll head over to Christopher’s for dinner and drinks. We’ll have tables reserved. To learn more about the historic North Prospect Church visit: http://www.lesley.edu/college-art-and-design/relocation/church/
The gathering will be in two parts:
2) 5:45p-Whenever!: Take a quick walk to Christopher’s for dinner and drinks. http://christopherscambridge.com
Directions to the John and Carol Moriarty Library once at the Lunder Arts Center:
1. Enter through the Lunder Arts Center main entrance – 1801 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140
2. Take a right into the historical church just past the security desk
3. Library entrance will be on your right!
Paid parking is available on a first come, first serve hourly basis on the Porter Square campus behind University Hall, http://www.lesley.edu/parking. Alternatively, there is on-street metered parking on Massachusetts Avenue. Please contact Kate Thornhill, 617-349-8073 or email@example.com, if you have any questions.