- One on one – traditional pairing of one less experienced mentee to one more experienced mentor
- Peer to peer mentoring – interaction of people at about the same place in their careers
- Group mentoring – one or more mentors work with several protégés at one time
- Situational or flash mentoring – brief, one-time exchanges toward a set goal
- Reverse mentoring – less experienced person shares skills or knowlege with a more experienced person
This program is in the experimental stage, and we want it to work well, so we encourage you to apply and help us to make it better. We want this to be a good experience for everyone involved. If you feel that your first match is not going to work out for some reason, contact the Mentoring committee for a re-match.
Please send questions, suggestions, or concerns to the Mentoring Committee (Ellen Petraits, Sarah Long, Ashley Peterson)
*Beyond Mentoring: A guide for Librarians and Information Professionals, edited by Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen. Elsevier, 2016.