PURPOSE: To encourage the professional development of ARLIS/NA New England Chapter members and local library students interested in arts librarianship by supporting registration fees for the ARLIS/NA virtual conference.
- Applicants must be members of ARLIS/NA New England Chapter for one full year and members of ARLIS/NA (requirement waived for current students and unemployed members).
- Applicants must be unable to receive full institutional funding toward ARLIS conference attendance.
- Preference will be given to first-time attendees, to those who are participating in the conference as a speaker, moderator, session recorder or serving as a committee member, and to those financially impacted by the pandemic.
- Students are encouraged to apply. Student applicants should be living in or attending an LIS program in New England and have a demonstrated interest in arts librarianship.
- Members who have been financially impacted by the pandemic are encouraged to apply. Also note that 2021 Chapter dues have been waived for members who are currently unemployed.
We welcome applications from those whose identity, experiences, scholarship, and/or service have prepared them to contribute to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our Chapter and the profession.
AWARD: Up to 4 awards may be granted to members of the ARLIS/NA New England Chapter and local library students interested in arts librarianship to cover registration fees for the 2021 ARLIS/NA virtual conference to be held Tuesday, May 11 through Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Within one month of conference attendance, recipients will submit a 500-word summary of their conference experience and how it has enriched their professional goals.
Applications are due by March 28, 2021 via this submission form: https://forms.gle/Z6Ve2p1V7McmYii9A
Please note that this award has been temporarily restructured for the 2021 virtual conference in response to the pandemic. Check back in 2022 for travel award application deadlines and submission instructions.