The Board is excited to announce the agenda for our Spring Meeting, coming up soon on Friday, May 8 in Lowell, MA. Please feel free to join us for some or all of the day’s events!
Please use this form and let us know whether you plan to attend. You can also use the form to arrange carpooling or share any news or announcements that we will bring to the business meeting, in the event that you cannot attend.
Pollard Memorial Library, 9:30 am – 12 pm
- 9:30 am – 10 am: check-in, coffee, and light breakfast in the library’s meeting room
- 10 am – 11:00 am: ARLIS/NA NE business meeting in the meeting room
- 11:15 am -12 pm: tour of the Pollard with Sean Thibodeau, Coordinator of Community Planning and a chance to view selections from the Library’s John James Audubon print collections, currently on display
Lunch on your own in downtown Lowell, 12 pm – 2 pm
- If this is your first time in Lowell, we will provide a list of recommendations
American Textile History Museum, 2 pm – 5 pm
- 2 pm: meet at the ATHM
- 2: 15 – 3:15 pm: behind-the-scenes tour with Jane Ward, ATHM Librarian
- 3:15 pm – 5 pm: feel free to wander the museum exhibitions, further explore downtown Lowell, or take off and start your weekend
Please note that while there is no overall cost for this meeting, attendees are expected to cover their own admission charge for the ATHM tour.
The Chapter will cover admission for Student and Unemployed members; please contact Board Treasurer Emily Weirich (email@example.com) if you qualify.
Directions and Parking
Lowell is accessible by the MBTA commuter rail, on the Lowell Line. The commuter rail stop is about a mile’s walk from the Pollard Memorial Library, and about a half-mile’s walk from the ATHM. The Pollard and the ATHM are less than a half-mile apart from one another.
If you choose to drive, there are several parking options:
- The Leo A. Roy Garage: located less than a half-mile from both the Pollard and the ATHM, recommended if you’re joining us for the entire day
- The Ayotte Garage: located less than a half-mile from the Pollard Memorial Library, recommended if you’re only attending this portion of the day
- The Edward Early, Jr. Garage: located about a half-mile from the ATHM, recommended if you’re only attending this portion of the day
- Metered street parking
- For more information, check out the City of Lowell Parking and Garages page
We are very excited to explore Lowell and its wonderful cultural offerings. We hope you’ll join us!