The ARLIS/NA New England Chapter Board is excited to announce the agenda for our Fall Meeting, coming up soon on Friday, October 23 in Providence, RI. Please feel free to join us for some or all of the day’s events!
Please use this form and let us know whether you plan to attend.
You can also use the form to arrange carpooling or share any news or announcements that we will bring to the business meeting, in the event that you cannot attend.
Providence Public Library (PPL), 10 am – 12 pm
- 9:30 am – 10 am: check-in, 3rd Floor Meeting Room. Please use the entrance at 225 Washington Street. (per PPL policy the Board cannot provide coffee and breakfast; make sure you’re fed and caffeinated before you arrive!)
- 10 am – 10:45 am: ARLIS/NA NE business meeting, 3rd Floor Meeting Room
- 11:00 am -12:30 pm: presentation about PPL’s history and library tour
Lunch on your own in downtown Providence, 12 pm – 2 pm
- We will provide a list of options!
Rhode Island School of Art & Design (RISD) Library, 2 pm – 4:30 pm
- 2 pm – 2:45 pm: Tour of the RISD library, with brief staff talks
- 2:45 pm – 3:15 pm: Refreshments in the Picture Collection room, sign up for a focused discussion topic
- 3:15 pm – 4:30 pm: Focused discussions, or visit the RISD Museum. Discussion topics will include:
- Reference and instruction with Ellen Petraits and Alice Whiteside
- Library architecture and collection development with Carol Terry
- Archives, including artists’ books and special collections, with Andy Martinez with Claudia Covert
- Visual + Material Resource Center with Mark Pompelia
- Technical Services with Bob Garzillo and Marc Calhoun
Getting to Providence
Providence Public Libary Address: 150 Empire Street Providence, RI 02903
RISD Library Address: 15 Westminster St, Providence, RI 02903
Providence is accessible by the MBTA commuter rail, on the Providence/Stoughton line. The commuter rail stop is about a mile’s walk from the Providence Public Library, and about a half-mile’s walk from RISD. The PPL and RISD are about a half-mile apart from each another.
If you drive, check out the Park Downtown Providence page for information.
We are very excited to explore Providence, and we hope you’ll join us!